June 8, 2010

Updates!

Once again, it’s been a bit of a wild week, but I’m finally making some headway in a lot of my ongoing projects. I’ve had a lot of interest in my paper bead jewelry and have a few more commissioned necklaces to do!

And finally a little something to show you for the Michael Jackson Family Portrait Project (I need to come up with a shorter title) The first WIP is a close-up of Katherine Jackson’s eyes with the first layer of chalk and charcoal shading. The second is in the final stages, I only need to make a few adjustments and add detailing. I’m really excited with how this is going so far and the lovely lady that has commissioned it is just as thrilled! It’s been an amazing experience to work with her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I’m a little sad that the landscaping section of this piece is finished, but I can’t wait to complete this one and see the whole scene put together. Not to mention it would mean I can start on a piece of artwork that I’ve really fallen in love with. Isn’t it odd how captivating a simple idea can be?

0 comments:

Post a Comment